
Yay! Some of our stuff came today =) We sent out a smaller shipment separate from our HHGs with a few "necessities" and just received it today. Thankfully Scott was able to take the day off of work to be here when the boxes arrived and to help me set everything up. We now have a computer, a vacuum, Scott's Xbox and Rock Band essentials, my kitchen appliances, our pillows and comforter, and a few dishes and cups. The only item that broke, was the glass screen of our microwave =( Not too bad though for traveling 6,000 miles.
Now that we have some of our American electronics, we had to figure out how to use them in Bahrain. Electrical outlets in America are typically 110 Volts while outlets in Bahrain are 220 Volts. This means transformers and converters and surge protectors galore! Everything was going fine until Scott made one tiny mistake and *POP* his Xbox is fried =( He is so upset. Hopefully it just means a new power supply ($30) but it may mean a whole new Xbox!
I think that's all that has happened since I last updated the blog. I went and saw Eclipse this weekend with a few other girls. The theater was HUGE! By far the biggest screen I have ever seen, and the seats were super comfortable. And it only cost about $8 =) Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment