



So, I know everyone says, "it's not what's inside, or the house itself that makes it a home." But I think it is a little bit =) We never quite feel at home and settled until we have all of our belongings right where we want them. Today, the rest of our HHGs came! It took 6 guys, 4 hours to unload 7 crates. It was so much faster than when our HHGs were packed up. We had them unpack our kitchen stuff and a few other boxes and have already found a few broken/damaged items =( One of the broken items is a white canister that a friend of the family painted for our wedding. We had guests write advice for us on little cards, and put them in the canister on their way out. I am super bummed that something that held such sentimental value, is broken. We made a lot of progress today (thankfully Scott has today and tomorrow off to help out), but still have a lot of work that needs to be done. Here are some pictures from today. Thanks for reading =)
Looks like you guys are settling in nicely =]
ReplyDeleteHow sad that your canister broke! Is there any salvaging it?
ReplyDeleteP.S. According to your (clock) ticker it's the same time here as it is in Bahrain :/
Yah, we're starting to Devon! It feels good to have all of our stuff back =)
ReplyDeleteNo...I don't think so Marla. I was hoping I could with some super glue, but there are a million little pieces along with the big chunks. Dang! I guess that means it doesn't work haha.